sabato 15 marzo 2008

tinker, tailor, soldier, spy

The tinker, tailor is one part of a longer counting game, often played by young girls; it runs as follows:
When shall I marry?
This year, next year, sometime, never.
What will my husband be?
Tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor, rich-man, poor-man, beggar-man, thief.
What will I be?
Lady, baby, gypsy, queen.
What shall I wear?
Silk, satin, cotton, rags (or silk, satin, velvet, lace)
How shall I get it?
Given, borrowed, bought, stolen.
How shall I get to church?
Coach, carriage, wheelbarrow, cart.
Where shall I live?
Big house, little house, pig-sty, barn.
[edit]References in Popular Culture

2 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Elisabetta ha detto...

Thank you very much. I'll take a look to your blog as soon as possible

bye Penny